White New Year 2021 Sangria
PREP TIME: 10 mins
TOTAL TIME: 10 mins
SERVINGS: 4 servings
AUTHOR: Lisa Bryan
This white Christmas sangria sparkles with seasonal colors is splashed with bubbly apple cider, and turns your favorite white wine into the best holiday drink!
- 1 750ml bottle of white wine
- 1 cup sparkling apple cider, plus more for topping off
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 green apple, sliced
- 1 green pear, sliced
- rosemary sprigs and star anise, for garnishing
- Thinly slice the apple and pear. You can use a knife or a mandoline. Then pour the wine, sparkling apple cider, cranberries, apple slices, and pear slices into a large pitcher. You can layer them or simply mix them all in. Refrigerate the sangria for at least 4 hours, or overnight to let the flavors meld together.
- Serve the sangria in individual glasses over ice and top off with fresh sparkling apple cider.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs, and star anise before serving.
Because there's sparkling apple cider in this recipe, which is typically sweetened, I don't think you need any additional sweetener. But if you like a very sweet sangria, you can always add a little honey or maple syrup.
SATURATED FAT: 1g,
VITAMIN A: 25iu,
VITAMIN C: 5mg,