Zucchini Noodles with Chicken, Spinach and Parmesan
PREP TIME: 10 mins
COOK TIME: 35 mins
TOTAL TIME: 45 mins
SERVINGS: 4 servings
AUTHOR: Lisa Bryan
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 large zucchini, spiralized
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and coat both sides with 2 tablespoons of the avocado oil. Sprinkle the dried garlic, other herbs, and salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken. Cook the chicken for 20-30 minutes or until a digital thermometer reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, let sit for 2-3 minutes, then dice it up.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of avocado oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add the minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Then add the baby spinach and stir until it's wilted down about 3-4 minutes.
- Once all of the spinach has wilted down, add the zucchini noodles and diced chicken. Stir together for 1-2 minutes.
- Add a portion of the zucchini noodles to the plate and sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper.
- To make this recipe fast (in 5 minutes during the week!) - meal prep your zucchini noodles and baked chicken ahead of time. You could also use shredded chicken. Then all you have to do is sauté and combine.
- To make this recipe dairy-free and Whole30 compliant omit the parmesan.
SATURATED FAT: 3.4g,